Birthdays
I told Don a few days ago that while I was looking forward to Kate DiCamillo, I wasn’t particularly looking forward to today. Not because I’m anti-Birthday and dreading getting older (seriously ladies, cut the drama. You get older every day). But I told him I was very aware of the fact that Joanna wouldn’t be here. No annual Facebook post about how much she loves being my bestie, just a bunch of memories to read through. And no book-themed gift. Although had she been here, she would have been SO excited about me meeting Kate. So no, I wasn’t looking forward to today and I was glad I was kept busy and not really even have time to think about it.
But M remembered. And he sent me a Happy Birthday text. I love that kid.
Maybe I’ll send him some yarn...
6 Comments:
I was praying for you yesterday as I guessed that it might be a difficult day for you. I am glad you were kept busy. And M should get some yarn 😉
Thank you so much for your thoughtfulness. God heard your prayer and answered it.
Do you know the yarn story? When M was 3, he was staying at our house overnight. He brought with him a small piece of yarn (he said “yine”) that he carried everywhere. When he left, he forgot his yarn. So, like any good aunt, I mailed it to him, because who doesn’t love mail?
A few days later, Joanna said “M! You got mail from Auntie Jill!”
He said “I bet she sent me my yine!”
Jo said “She did not send your yarn. Why would she mail a piece of yarn?”
Shows what she knows.
I did not know that story. Love it!!! What a good Auntie you are. ❤️❤️❤️😂
What a good kid. He definitely deserves some yarn. :)
I sent him some :)
:D
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home