On Raising 21st Century Women
I don't want to raise my daughters to be independent women. Sure, I want them to be capable, confident, and living up to their full potential, but I don't want them to be independent. And I hate the word empowered.
I want my daughters to be fully dependent on God. I want them to trust in Him with all their hearts and lean not on their own understanding (Prov.3:5). I want their help to come from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth (Ps. 121:2). I want them to wait on Him and allow Him to renew their strength (Is. 40:31). I want them to understand that apart from Jesus, they can do nothing (John 15:5). I want God's Word to be the lamp to their feet (Ps. 119:105). I want them to rely on the Holy Spirit to intercede in their prayer lives (Rom. 8:26). And I want them to know that no matter how strong, intelligent, kind, unselfish, courageous they are, it doesn't matter apart from God (Rom. 9:16).
That's what I want for my daughters.
3 Comments:
you tell 'em
actually i was going to do a somewhat similar post (which i'll get to sometime)
then do it :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home