Saturday, July 14, 2012

In Which I Rant

I just have to say that this whole Sandusky thing makes me want to vomit.  It's bad enough that he did what he did.  His acts were reprehensible and he should be punished beyond the full extent of the law.
I think, though, that what the university did was, in a way, worse.  Not to defend Sandusky in the least, but obviously there's something wrong with the guy.  He has a total disregard for what is right and, besides being punished big time, he needs serious help.  But the fact that there were many who knew and didn't do anything?  That's completely repugnant.  If I knew a stronger word, I would use it.
When is it ever right to put one's job ahead of the protection of innocent boys?  And how twisted are our priorities when we value football ahead of young children?  It's despicable.
Everybody who knew anything should 1) lose their jobs, and 2) be prosecuted, if applicable.
And the college should lose its football program for the next twenty years.  Current players should have the opportunity to go elsewhere, but that should be it for Penn State football.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At July 14, 2012 at 8:16 PM , Blogger melilotnfosco said...

this is why i don't watch the news

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home