Sold
I just finished the book Sold, by Patricia McCormick. It's about a girl from Nepal who is sold into the sex trade in India. Scout is reading it in preparation for her mission trip.
While this is a book written for teenagers, and therefore not as graphic as it could be, I still mourn the loss of innocence as Scout's world becomes uglier with the knowledge that these horrors are reality for millions of children worldwide. And I ache for the children caught in such a terrible life. And I pray that somehow this sacrifice of my daughter's view of the world will be used for God's glory.
Labels: Scout's mission trip
2 Comments:
it will be. scout's a tough kid; with a really big heart. GOD'll use it.
Praying God will use this time in her life to grow and challenge her. He will be glorified.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home