Lessons for a Mission Trip Mom
1. Tyler's mom is more than just a little overprotective. And yet when Tyler announced he was going on a mission trip to Toronto, she realized she had to let him go. "If God was telling him to go, who am I to say, 'But I'm your mom, and I say no'?"
2. Rob is graduating from college and plans on doing a year-long mission trip before starting his career. His parents have reservations. I was telling Rob's mom about Scout, and the look she had on her face when she told us about Nepal. "I know that look," Rob's mom said. "It's the look that says 'It's already a done deal. I'm asking your blessing, not your permission.'" Almost like they're saying "Did you not know that I must be about my Father's business?" Again, if God is calling, we can't stay in the way.
3. Ferris's mom is getting concerned because he hasn't yet sent out his support letters. "I caught myself saying, 'You have to get these letters out before all the other kids send theirs!' and then I realized I was basically saying that God didn't have enough money to go around." I avoided Scout's eyes when I heard this, because I've told her the same thing. Okay, God, if You've called her, You'll provide a way.
Labels: Scout's mission trip
4 Comments:
i wish i could have that 'this is what's happening' feeling sometime
go with scout
no. don't go with scout. she needs to do this on her own. go with another royal servants group.
We are so excited for her!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home