Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Psalm 46:10, Paraphrased

Busymommy recently asked me how I was doing on the listening to God thing (see March 6). Um...well...in all honesty, I'd forgotten about it. Ouch. So, being convicted, I set it aside and forgot about it again. Then this morning, I decided to listen. And here's what God said:

Be still, and know that I am God.
I am God, in the midst of joblessness and foreclosures and piles of bills.
I am God, when cancer hits much too close to home...again.
I am God, when I call my people Home - whether they've lived a full life as my faithful servant, or whether you feel I'm taking them much too soon.
I am God, when things don't make sense.
I am God, when you are tired.
I am God, in your loneliness.
I am God, when it's all just too overwhelming.
I am God.
Be still.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At June 15, 2011 at 6:34 PM , Blogger Kimberly said...

So true.

Do you know the hymn "Be still my soul"?

 
At June 15, 2011 at 8:35 PM , Blogger hobbitsister said...

i know i've heard it, but i don't really remember it.

 
At June 15, 2011 at 10:51 PM , Blogger hobbitsister said...

i looked it up, kimberly - beautiful song!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home