My Busy Week!
Finally, I get a chance to write about my week with Busy. I'm so, so, so, so, so, so glad I got to visit her and her family! Thank you again to all who helped make that happen.
I arrived at the airport and guess who was there to pick me up? Busy! It was such a sweet surprise, because I'd been expecting Chris (which would have been nice, but he's just not Busy!). And so we got to hug each other and talk and talk and it was wonderful! When we got to her house, I got to hug her kids, which is just the best ever. Then they went off to bed and Busy and I talked and talked some more.
The next morning we went to a doctor's appointment, in an office filled with more Mickey Mouses than I've ever seen ever. We took Miss AJ out for lunch and picked up the boys from school. Then Busy and I went to San Diego for the weekend. A whole weekend, just for us!
We spent Saturday at Seaport Village, which is a bunch of little gift shops on San Diego Bay. We were hit on by pirates and almost experienced a hurricane. And that evening, because we know how to party, we sat in the hotel room and watched clips from Whose Line Is It Anyway? and laughed.
Sunday, we went to Balboa Park and, in retrospect, I wasn't the most fun person. Sorry, Busy. I had purchased cute shoes for my trip and they ended up hurting my feet terribly. Walking anywhere was miserable. In addition, my 17-year-old kept texting me for help with a paper she was writing for school. But Busy was a good sport, and we were together, and even though we didn't buy Elvis stacking dolls for Melilot, we thought about her.
As we drove home we saw mountains and deserts and sand dunes and Mexico and I really don't think Busy was as thrilled with all that as I was, but that's okay, because we were together.
Monday morning was spent with Chris in the hospital waiting room while Busy underwent a minor medical procedure. It was good to have time to talk with him. That evening, we went out for dessert with a friend.
Tuesday, the weather was gorgeous and while Busy and AJ napped, I sat on the deck and ate lunch. Oh, how I love non-winter weather! More friends came over that evening (Funny moment of the night - when a friend pointed to the water cooler, which had a 3 gallon jug instead of a 5 gallon one, and said, "I see you've got smaller jugs now." Busy was standing over there, and Chris and I both thought it was rather humorous)
Wednesday morning I went to church with Busy and had coffee with some friends. I just want to say that Busy has some wonderful friends who love her and her family. They are taking incredible care of her, and it's such a blessing to know she's surrounded by such terrific people. After coffee, a friend took Busy to the doctor, and I got to take AJ out for lunch. What a fun day!
Thursday I had to leave, which was much too soon (although God knew I had to get home). Busy, I wish I could live there with you! I miss you greatly. I miss M's jokes and his happy dance. I miss Z's ear to ear smile and his delightful fiddle dance. I miss AJ cuddling up on my lap and I'm so sad that I didn't get to hear her say my name.
Thank you for letting me come and visit and be part of your family.
7 Comments:
i'm so glad you got to go. you both needed it, and it sounds like you had fun. again with the long-distance friends thing. it's so annoying! thank heaven it's not laura ingalls time, though, so we can stay in touch much more easily, and even see each other once in a great while. i'm glad you had a good time!
oh, and it's humorous, btw ;)
unless you're kimberly. then it's humourous.
well, in honour of kimberly then, thank you!
ok, so i re-read the post, because i didn't think it was particularly funny. light and happy and joyful and all that, yes, but i wasn't necessarily going for humor. and then i realized that i spelled humorous incorrectly, and that's what you were trying to tell me.
so now i get it.
and i fixed it.
thank you.
quite welcome. :) sorry i didn't clarify.
It was fun, wasn't it? I'm so glad you were here! You are a special friend to go through airport secruity just for me. And I'm sorry I didn't check this in time to see your misspelled word, but I'll get over it. Mailing you your friendship bracelet soon. :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home