Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Heavy Sigh

I had a wonderful time visiting Busy, and someday soon I'll tell you all about it.
I came home last Thursday night, wanting to see my family but not wanting to leave Busy, especially knowing that she has some hard months ahead of her. I'm glad, though, that I came home when I did. Friday afternoon, we got the news that Don's dad died.
Questions of "How was your trip?" quickly became expressions of "I'm so sorry." And the past few days have been a whirlwind of making arrangements, holding my daughters, dealing with phone calls, and everything else. We really haven't had a chance to process anything at all.
Today I realized I haven't even unpacked yet. It's been the furthest thing from my mind.
I took a shower this morning and wanted to just stay in there forever. The curtain seemed to separate me from everything else - death, cancer, sickness, phone calls, bills, work. I wish I could have stayed there, apart from all that. But I can't, and my head is swimming.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At March 2, 2011 at 8:38 PM , Blogger BusyMommy said...

Love you. Praying for you just as hard as you are praying for me. Cancer sucks, death sucks, pain sucks and laundry REALLY SUCKS, but God is still good, still soverign and still in complete control and that, my dearest friend, is AWESOME!

 
At March 3, 2011 at 4:35 PM , Blogger Kimberly said...

I'm so glad that you got to see Busy before such a difficult week for both of you. God totally timed that well!

Praying, praying, praying.

 
At March 3, 2011 at 4:43 PM , Blogger melilotnfosco said...

amen to what they both said

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home