Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Motherhood

I have struggled a lot lately with the fact that my husband has a really annoying work schedule. He's never home evenings, which means that homework, chasing, and everything else falls solely on me. Honestly, I get tired of my kids, and I feel like I miss out on a lot of things that other women get to do.
But today, I want to say thank you to my husband for working full-time so that I don't have to. I want to thank him for the time I get to spend with my daughters. Because he's working this really annoying schedule,
- I could interpret what Erma meant when she showed Don a picture and said, "That's Whatsherface. We hate her." (We means collectively, as in you're supposed to hate Whatsherface too, because Whatsherface likes the Boy Scout and spent the whole time at dodgeball the other night talking with him.)
- I noticed that a certain friendship had changed, not necessarily in a negative way, because a name was coming up less and less in conversation.
- I pick up on which boys' names are spoken more frequently
- I knew exactly the right fit when Scout said she wanted to volunteer somewhere.
- I know who their friends are, where they're going, and what they're doing (even as I'm typing this, Erma came in and asked if she could skip her last class tomorrow - it's not something she'd do behind my back)
So thank you, Don, for working so hard so I can be mom.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At February 2, 2011 at 9:12 PM , Blogger melilotnfosco said...

i know not the point, but are you letting her?

 
At February 2, 2011 at 11:00 PM , Blogger hobbitsister said...

yes, i am. she stresses out far too much about school, and she works hard, and as a mom, i think it's good for her to forget about it once in a while and go decorate her friend's car for her birthday.

 
At February 3, 2011 at 9:52 AM , Blogger BusyMommy said...

You are two of my most favorite couples and when I'm mentoring I frequently mention how you've used your schedules (both of you) to bless your family. How your husband gets up to see the girls before school and how you sacrifice a lot of the me-time so many young mothers have been raised to believe they are entitled to. You are a wonderful example to a lot of young parents, even if they don't even know your names.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home