Sunday, January 16, 2011

Grace That Is Greater Than All Our Sin

Don preached at church this morning. He's done this three times before, filling the pulpit when our pastor's away, but this time it was more personal. He spoke on Psalm 51 - repentance, forgiveness, and restoration.
Later, a fellow church member posted this as her status:
"Not gonna lie. Walked into church with a bad attitude and no desire to be there this morning. Walked out being thankful I went, and was so blessed by the message and testimony shared. God can and wants to help us remove the things weighing us down & keeping us from happy relationships with him and others, and turn our past failures into a testimony of his amazing grace:)"
I just want to say that, after all Don and I have been through to get to this point, I am so grateful to God for bringing us here. Who would have imagined that fifteen years of painful tears would be turned into the tears of joy that I'm crying right now? I never, never thought that anything good could ever come out of all that crap, but God is so much bigger than all of that. It truly is a testimony of His amazing grace.

Labels:

7 Comments:

At January 17, 2011 at 4:00 PM , Blogger Kimberly said...

God is truly great!
Love that Don was able to put God's truth into words and reach someone with it.

 
At January 17, 2011 at 5:58 PM , Blogger melilotnfosco said...

:)

 
At January 19, 2011 at 10:44 PM , Blogger BusyMommy said...

Amen!

 
At January 20, 2011 at 2:57 PM , Blogger chelleybutton said...

How encouraging! :)

Have you heard of this: http://www.kcci.com/family/26557311/detail.html

I thought it seemed like progress. :)

 
At January 21, 2011 at 2:24 PM , Blogger hobbitsister said...

chelley - i have heard of this, and i think it's a great idea. far too many churches are reluctant to address it. it's a huge problem, and it's time the church take a bold stand against it.

 
At January 22, 2011 at 2:00 PM , Blogger chelleybutton said...

Except I just read the comments, and they're a little discouraging. But I suppose that's usually the case around anything religious. Sigh... on the one hand, I think we should expect that because people didn't like Jesus either. And on the other hand, I think we should (myself especially included) be doing a better job. I suppose I need to be praying about it. :)

 
At January 22, 2011 at 5:46 PM , Blogger hobbitsister said...

those comments are really sad, but they're real. most people are not aware of what a serious problem porn is. i suppose for some non-Christians, it can be a "leisurely pastime". although i do believe that whether the user is aware of it or not, it does shape their view of women and sex.
and while Christians need to consider God's perspective, non-Christians need to realize it's a problem, too. it has destroyed plenty of non-Christian marriages, too (case in point - christie brinkley, sara evans, charlie sheen...)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home