Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Reproof

When I got to work today, I was informed of some changes that had taken place, and that I am now supposed to do my job this way instead of that way. I don't really see that this way is better than that way, and needless to say, I'm not altogether happy. Another employee is also not happy, and she and I were discussing our displeasure.
And then God reminded me of my prayer time this morning. Before work this morning I had

- prayed for my boss, who is not a Christian, that she would see Jesus in my words and actions
- prayed for my husband, who is dealing with some frustrating issues at work, that he would choose his words carefully and act with integrity even when things don't seem fair
- read Colossians 3:23 - "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men"
- read Ephesians 6:5-7 - "Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ. Obey them not only to win their favor when their eye is on you, but like slaves of Christ, doing the will of God from your heart. Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not men"

Admonished and corrected, I then did my best to keep my mouth shut and do my job to the best of my ability.
I wish I could remember these things before I'd open my mouth in the first place.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At July 21, 2010 at 3:22 PM , Blogger melilotnfosco said...

i understand

 
At July 22, 2010 at 12:37 PM , Blogger chelleybutton said...

me too

 
At July 22, 2010 at 4:26 PM , Blogger BusyMommy said...

ditto.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home