Tears
My heart is heavy. It's been such a week. From the death of a 17 year old acquaintance of Scout's last weekend, to the death of Busy's brother-in-law midweek, to the death of a special friend's husband this morning, everything seems hazy.
A few days ago I felt burdened by so many I care about who are in need of prayer right now - relatives in need of jobs, our pastor's mother-in-law hospitalized, a couple in a troubled marriage, an aging grandma who I worry about constantly...the list just goes on and on, and now it's gotten longer.
"God, I'm surrounded!" I cried. "There are so many hurting. I don't even know where to start. I feel like there's pain everywhere I turn."
Instantly these words came to mind: You hem me in, behind and before; You have laid Your hand upon me. (Psalm 139:5)
Yes, I am surrounded by people who are hurting. But I am surrounded even closer by the God who heals our hurt, who hears our prayers, and who has His hand upon us.
Labels: awesome God, tears, wisdom from the Bible
4 Comments:
that's a good thought
I've kept you in my prayers so much lately. God's peace be with you and your family.
I feel surrounded and overwhelmed too, and I don't even have as big of things going on around me. But I still feel it, and I'm just not sure about that last part right now. Definitely not feeling that way anyway. I so can't wait for Heaven and no more tears or pain. Can't hardly fathom that. Anyway, I admire your faith through everything.
i honestly don't know how people get through it without faith. and it's comforting to know that even when we doubt His presence (which i sometimes do, believe me!), He is still there.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home