Monday, January 18, 2010

Hosea

As I came to understand Leah, I still wondered if there were other Bible stories that related to my situation. One day, it hit me (hard) - Hosea.
Hosea's not one of the most common Bible stories of all time - they don't teach it in Sunday School, for obvious reasons (I do think adults could study it, though) - so I'll sum it up briefly. God told His prophet Hosea to take a prostitute, Gomer, as his wife. Hosea married this unfaithful woman as a symbol of Israel's unfaithfulness to God. The book of Hosea goes back and forth from God's hurt and anger to God's deep love for His people.
It was a huge revelation to me. We always say that God understands our pain, but here it was in black and white. God DID know what I was experiencing. He knows what betrayal feels like. He says in Ezekiel 20:30 "Will you defile yourselves the way your fathers did and lust after their vile images?" God understands.
Which led me to another deep thought...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home