Thursday, January 07, 2010

2009 Booklist in Review

Through Gates of Splendor, Eliot - I knew most of this story already. I think what struck me the most was how young they all were.

The Old Man and the Sea, Hemingway - the old man went to sea. and he fished. and fished. and fished. Thank God it was a short book.

Confessions of a Shopaholic, Kinsella - liked it, but liked the movie better.

Anna and the King of Siam, Landon - still working on this. It's a good book, but old, and written like an old book, so it's hard to get through. I'm about halfway done.

Cry the Beloved Country, Paton - very interesting book about South Africa in the 1950s.

Girl of the Limberlost, Porter - I read this because it's one of my mom's favorites. I'm not overly fond of stories where the heroine is oh, so good.

The Grapes of Wrath, Steinbeck - didn't get to it. I'll have to try again.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At January 8, 2010 at 5:10 PM , Blogger melilotnfosco said...

i feel not sorry for you for the boringness of 'the old man and the sea.' anyone who chooses to read hemingway on purpose deserves what they get.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home