Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Christmas Music Reviews - Vince Guaraldi and Amy Grant

Vince Guaraldi Trio - A Charlie Brown Christmas
Yay! I was so excited to open this cd this morning! It's just not Christmas without Charlie Brown.
High Point - Linus and Lucy, of course. Doesn't it just make you want to dance like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0G8XH4WDxP4
Low Point - Other than the fact that I don't like the rhythm on My Little Drum, I love this whole cd. It should have the kids "lu-lu-ing" to Hark! The Herald Angels Sing though.
Mel/Hobsis Trivia - Uncle Swedish Chef was one of the lu-lu-ing kids (who also sang Christmastime is Here)

Amy Grant - Home for Christmas
Another favorite.
High Point - O Come All Ye Faithful. I heard her sing this in concert and it was beautiful. I also really like the Highland fling-sounding Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring.
Low Point - There really isn't any, but The Night Before Christmas is my least favorite.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At December 11, 2009 at 10:07 PM , Blogger melilotnfosco said...

but isn't he uncle santa?

 
At December 12, 2009 at 1:24 PM , Blogger hobbitsister said...

i've always called him uncle swedish chef

 
At December 12, 2009 at 10:23 PM , Blogger melilotnfosco said...

hm...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home