Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Christmas Music Reviews - Russ Taff and Various Artists

Russ Taff - A Christmas Song
These songs all have a 1940s feel to them, and I like it!
High Point - Let It Snow, Let It Snow, and What a Wonderful World (even though it's not a Christmas song)
Low Point - hard to find one. Maybe White Christmas, because he's not Bing.

Various Artists - The Christmas CD Melilot Made for Me
Mel made this for me a couple of years ago. I think she shows great potential as a Christmas Song Guru in training.
High Points - Mercy Me's Angels We Have Heard on High, Please Come Home for Christmas (is that The Eagles?), God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen (by ?), and the '40s style Sleigh Ride.
Low Points - the fact that dear Mel didn't give me a list of songs/artists, and, as much as I hate to say it, I'm not overly fond of Harry Connick Jr's I Wonder as I Wander. He messes up the lyrics, and while that might be because he's being all jazzy-improvy, I can't sing along.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At December 8, 2009 at 3:47 PM , Blogger melilotnfosco said...

yes, it's the eagles. and i thought GOD rest ye merry gentleman was mercy me, but maybe not (since you have the cd i think you'd know it), and the 40s one is brian selzer orchestra.

i was wondering if you ever got this (and the other cd i made for you at the same time), cuz i gave it to enrique to give to you and then you never mentioned it. glad you like it.

 
At December 8, 2009 at 4:54 PM , Blogger hobbitsister said...

i didn't mention it? sorry.

 
At December 8, 2009 at 5:29 PM , Blogger melilotnfosco said...

did you get the other one? cuz that's the one i was more excited about.

 
At December 8, 2009 at 11:14 PM , Blogger hobbitsister said...

was that the bnl one?

 
At December 9, 2009 at 6:11 PM , Blogger hobbitsister said...

oh - was it charlie brown? you know i love that cd.

 
At December 11, 2009 at 10:06 PM , Blogger melilotnfosco said...

no. it didn't have a label cuz i wanted you to just stick it in and listen to it and be pleasantly surprised sometime.

 
At December 12, 2009 at 1:25 PM , Blogger hobbitsister said...

oh. then i might not know what happened to it. if things aren't labelled, i lose track of them.

 
At December 12, 2009 at 10:23 PM , Blogger melilotnfosco said...

i see

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home