Case in Point
Question from my current women's Bible study book:
"Name a few capacities you've served in that qualify as training experiences for future ministry. For instance, did you attend a Christian school or college? What have you volunteered to do at church? Have you served on a committee for a special ministry project or mission?"
Seriously? First off, speaking as one who attended both Christian and public schools in high school and college, I can tell you that either one can be training ground for ministry. In fact, either one can be ministry. Maybe she's asking if you've had extra Bible study training. But at any rate, I don't think attending a Christian school necessarily makes you more prepared for ministry.
And then, and I'll say this loud and clear, volunteering at church, be it something up front like leading worship or something behind the scenes like setting up chairs, is ministry. Teaching Sunday School, helping in the nursery, working the sound system, praying for missionaries, that's ministry.
You know what else (and I know I'm the one who needs to hear this part)? Life should be our ministry. Time spent at work, interactions with neighbors and family, our free time - all should be viewed as ministry. God has put us where we are for a reason, and He can use us wherever we may be.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home