Wear Red Day

Today is Wear Red Day, for the American Heart Association. While I do think it would be great to wipe out heart disease (it runs in my family), I really don't understand how wearing red is going to help.
Labels: special days
Here's my disclaimer: If any of these pictures are copyrighted, please let me know and I'll remove them immediately.

Labels: special days
3 Comments:
plus also i don't see why they think i would do something they tell me to do
I wore red today, but sadly it was a coincidence.
Well, girls...as a PR person and a sometimes non-profit employee person...I have to back them up. A campaign like Wear Red Day is all about raising awareness of an issue. And it's about creating a sense of community for those people who care about the issue. It's all PR.
I wear red about every other day, but I didn't on Friday - it was a teal and black day.
An interesting thing (to me, at least) that I've noticed is just how MANY charities use red as their main color. Both the ones I've worked for (The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and The ALS Association) are red. Plus the American Heart Association, Red Cross, AIDS awareness, and I'm sure there are more. Just interesting.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home