Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Why I Love My Husband, #741

One of the best ways Enrique and I compliment each other is that we never both lose it at the same time. If one of us (usually me) is angry, frustrated, sad, hopeless, flying off the handle...the other is the calm voice of reason. And that's a very good thing, because the upset one needs the other to pull them through.
Last night, I'd had it. I'm so frustrated about the car situation (which ends up being the money situation). The car expenses on top of the tooth expenses on top of the other car expenses on top of everything else is just too much, and I feel like there's nowhere to turn.
When it comes to finances, though, I'm generally not the one to worry. I'm the cheerleader, insisting that we'll get through. Enrique works so hard to pay our bills and provide for our family, and he needs me to be supportive, not critical. He's the one who stresses about stretching each paycheck, and my role is to remind him that God always provides and that we have more than everything we need. And so I'm very, very slow to add my financial worries to his.
But last night the stress was obvious, and he insisted I talk about it. And you know what? He was the one with the right perspective on the whole thing. He said he was at peace about it. That this is an inconvenience, and that we truly have been blessed. Okay, so we only have one (heatless) car at the moment. We have our jobs. And our home. And we're all in good health. God is good and He's watching over us.
You know what else? I think it was good for Enrique to be in that role. Not that that means I should keep complaining, but I think it was good for him to see that God's going to see us through.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At December 30, 2008 at 3:44 PM , Blogger chelleybutton said...

Very nice. :) And I find that true as well in my friendships. I usually think I'm the upset/dramatic/fly-off-the-handle one, but when somebody needs me to not be, I'm not. And vice versa. God does provide! :) Which is a nice reminder, because I too am stressed about finances right now, although I don't know that they're as bad. It's more that lots of my rates are increasing for things! Oh, well. God will provide... I've felt like this before, after all, and I'm still here with a house over my head and a job and family and friends who love me. :)

 
At December 30, 2008 at 4:03 PM , Blogger Mary @ Giving Up On Perfect said...

It's so amazing how God provides us with exactly what we need - in both relationships and "things." His provision is such an undeserved blessing, and yet I know I take it for granted. Good reminder, Hobsis.

AND, I think you're probably right about Enrique getting something out of being in the other position.

I hope you're feeling better about things today. I'll pray that God provides - and soon!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home