Friday, December 05, 2008

Some Cold-Weather Thoughts

1. The heater on my car doesn't work so well, and if I'm just driving across town, I have to do so without heat. Basically it's like spending 20 minutes sitting in a freezer.

2. This is Minnesota, people. You've all seen snow before. Drive with caution, but not like you've never driven in snow.

3. I saw a news clip of Sarah Palin getting off a plane in Alaska. She walked across the tarmac half bent forward, with a funny sort of run. I'm sure all you Southerners were wondering why the heck she was walking so funny. We Northerners knew exactly what she was doing. That's how we walk from November to March.
(More accurately, that's how northern women walk. Men walk like Todd Palin. Strutting with their hands jammed deep into their pockets, pretending it's not really cold)

Labels:

5 Comments:

At December 6, 2008 at 12:34 AM , Blogger Kimberly said...

There's a place in the world where people DON'T walk like that! Oh my! I must go there! :)

 
At December 6, 2008 at 1:52 PM , Blogger chelleybutton said...

1. So sorry you don't have much heat! That's the only thing that makes me ok with this weather!

2. Be easy on those bad drivers, hobsis. Maybe they were recently involved in an accident. ;)

3. :D

 
At December 6, 2008 at 1:52 PM , Blogger chelleybutton said...

Great picture, btw. :)

 
At December 8, 2008 at 3:11 PM , Blogger melilotnfosco said...

3. rinney (my old roommate) is sure that's why she has a bad neck/back. she gets cold even more than the rest of us, so she's always hunched over.

 
At December 8, 2008 at 5:10 PM , Blogger hobbitsister said...

me too - i've noticed that when it's cold the muscles in my upper back hurt because i shiver and tense up

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home