Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Moving On

We were BFFs, there for each other since childhood, through moves and crushes and weddings and babies. My kindred spirit, we could finish each other's sentences. We'd laugh until we cried and cry until we laughed. We'd talk deeply about spiritual things or drive by the cute boy's house a dozen times.
With the exception of a few years when we were very young, we've never lived closer than an hour from each other - and often half a country has separated us. But that never mattered.
I'm the quiet, sensible one. The one whose few priorities mean everything. She, on the other hand, is flighty. She wears far too many hats and stretches herself much too thin. She wants to do everything with everybody.
And so, really, I shouldn't be surprised that she's moving on. Rather, I should be surprised that our friendship lasted as long as it did. Lately my calls and notes haven't been returned, and I know it's because she's just got too many things on her plate. But that plate is always going to be full.
It hurts, and I miss her terribly.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At December 30, 2008 at 7:24 PM , Blogger Mary @ Giving Up On Perfect said...

Oh, hobsis, I'm so sorry to hear that. I'm not sure which is worse - to lose a friend like that through a big fall-out or just by drifting apart...either way, it is rotten, and I'm sad you're going through it.

 
At December 30, 2008 at 9:01 PM , Blogger hobbitsister said...

i've wondered that - if i said or did something that offended her. but i think if that was the case, she would have said something. it's just that we've gone our own ways, i guess. which in some ways might be worse, because then i think "don't i matter anymore?"

 
At December 30, 2008 at 9:53 PM , Blogger melilotnfosco said...

it stinks. i'm sorry.

 
At December 30, 2008 at 11:28 PM , Blogger chelleybutton said...

That is really sad. :( Moving on stinks. :( I can't wait for Heaven!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home