Ghost of Christmas Past: Scout Sees Santa
(This is one of my favorite Christmas memories)
One November evening when Scout was 4 or 5, we went out for dinner. At the table next to us were two gentlemen, probably brothers, with jolly faces and big white beards. Scout spent most of her dinner time turned around staring at the men, despite my efforts to get her to face the table.
When it was time to leave, Scout walked v-e-r-y-s-l-o-w-l-y past their table, studying them the whole time. I felt an explanation was in order. "I'm sorry," I said, "she's trying to figure out which one of you is Santa Claus."
The men chuckled. "We're his helpers," they said.
Scout's jaw dropped to the floor, and she raced ahead to tell Erma.
Labels: Ghost of Christmas Past, Scout
3 Comments:
Aww! That's adorable! And I like that pic too -- her face is full of wonder. :)
Oh my gosh, that's SO CUTE!!!
what nice helpers :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home