Sunday, December 21, 2008

Ghost of Christmas Past: The Best Christmas Pageant Ever

When Erma was five, she played Mary in the preschool Christmas program. Her best friend, Antoine, was the angel of the Lord, and Erma's Knight in Shining Armor was Joseph. Erma and Antoine both decided they needed red robes for their costumes. I know the Bible doesn't say, but I can't imagine Mary wearing red. Finally we compromised on pink (with Jingle Bell socks). As for Antoine, she needed a boa to go with that red angel robe. That left her mom in quite a quandary. Eventually they settled on a white robe with red trim, and her mother brilliantly made the boa into angel wings.

I'm sure it was just a coincidence that in following years (including Scout's turn as a shepherd), the teachers made the costumes. Right?

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At December 21, 2008 at 8:57 PM , Blogger melilotnfosco said...

pure coincidence

gotta love antoine :)

 
At December 21, 2008 at 9:09 PM , Blogger chelleybutton said...

Oh, I'm sure. :) I bet it was a delightful pageant! :) (maybe they thought pageant meant beauty pageant?;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home