Thursday, December 18, 2008

Christmas Song of the Day



I Celebrate the Day

Relient K, Let it Snow, Baby; Let it Reindeer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFzEOZDmzCg

This is my new favorite song. I love how the lyrics bring Christmas full circle.

I Celebrate the Day

And with this Christmas wish is missed
The point I could convey.
If only I could find the words to say,
To let You know how much You've touched my life.

Because here is where You're finding me,
In the exact same place as New Year's Eve,
And from a lack of my persistency
We're less than half as close as I want to be.

And the first time that You opened Your eyes
Did You realize that You would be my Savior?
And the first breath that left Your lips -
Did You know that it would change this world forever?

And so this Christmas I'll compare
The things I felt in prior years
To what this midnight made so clear -
That You have come to meet me here.

To look back and think that
This Baby would one day save me
In the hope that what You did -
That you were born so I might live.

And the first time that You opened Your eyes
Did You realize that You would be my Savior?
And the first breath that left Your lips -
Did You know that it would change this world forever?

To look back and think that
This Baby would one day save me
And I, I celebrate the day
That You were born to die
So I could one day pray for You to save my life.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At December 18, 2008 at 4:27 PM , Blogger chelleybutton said...

That's beautiful. (the lyrics, I mean; I haven't listened to the song yet and have -- of course -- never heard of it before;)

 
At December 20, 2008 at 10:26 PM , Blogger melilotnfosco said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At December 20, 2008 at 11:47 PM , Blogger melilotnfosco said...

i've never heard it either. i like the lyrics, though. i was kind of thinking like that the other day when i heard 'joseph's lullaby' by mercy me.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home