Saturday, December 06, 2008

Christmas Song of the Day


I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day

Wayne Watson, One Christmas Eve

http://www.rhapsody.com/wayne-watson (you have to click on the song)

This beautiful song (words by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow during the Civil War) is sorely underplayed. I love how Watson combined it with Dona Nobis Pacem (Grant Us Peace).

Labels:

3 Comments:

At December 8, 2008 at 3:13 PM , Blogger melilotnfosco said...

this is definitely the best version, and yes, the song (in general) is not played enough

 
At December 8, 2008 at 6:15 PM , Blogger chelleybutton said...

You keep picking songs or versions I've never heard of. Or maybe I just never pay attention because I just think of them all as Christmas songs and sing along with them without thinking too much about it. ;) (except the Joseph one -- I definitely hadn't heard that one before)

 
At December 8, 2008 at 8:04 PM , Blogger hobbitsister said...

that's because i'm the Christmas song guru :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home