Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Christmas Question of the Day

How come "Chestnuts roasting on an open fire..." gets to be called The Christmas Song? Like it's the only one?

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

At December 10, 2008 at 11:55 AM , Blogger chelleybutton said...

I dunno, but it is weird. And if you don't know that's what it's called, it's annoying if you're trying to find that song on a CD or something, b/c it might just say "The Christmas Song" -- I think song titles should sound like the songs so people can find them.

 
At December 10, 2008 at 1:47 PM , Blogger Mary @ Giving Up On Perfect said...

Good question. Maybe we should all just start referring to our favorite holiday song as "The Christmas Song." So, I might mean "What Child is This," while Mel might mean "O Come O Come Emmanuel," while Chelley might mean "You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch."

(Chelley, I'm not saying that's your favorite song. But you did mention it on your blog.)

Oh, the mass confusion that would ensue. Muah-ha-ha-ha! :)

 
At December 10, 2008 at 3:45 PM , Blogger chelleybutton said...

:D (that's a great idea, photo!:)

 
At December 10, 2008 at 4:34 PM , Blogger melilotnfosco said...

i'm with photo, too :)

 
At December 10, 2008 at 5:10 PM , Blogger hobbitsister said...

i say "hark the herald angels" is the Christmas song

 
At December 10, 2008 at 5:10 PM , Blogger hobbitsister said...

and i love your evil laugh, photo.

 
At December 11, 2008 at 8:23 AM , Blogger Mary @ Giving Up On Perfect said...

Thanks, hobsis. I'm sad to say I really debated over spelling it "muah" or "mwah." Glad it translated no matter what! :)

 
At December 11, 2008 at 1:08 PM , Blogger melilotnfosco said...

i think 'muah' is the correct way, anyway, so you're good ;)

 
At December 11, 2008 at 6:35 PM , Blogger chelleybutton said...

Maybe 'mwah' is giving a kiss??

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home