Monday, November 03, 2008

Things for Which I Am Thankful, Part 3

Scout! (Enrique said Scout yesterday and Erma today, so that they both feel the love)


Scout is delightful. Her smile is infectious, and we all love to make her laugh. Chelley commented that "Scout sure has that looking in wonder thing down...I think it'd be good to have someone like her around." That's an absolutely accurate assessment. Because of Scout, I clap for Tinkerbell to come back to life, check the backs of wardrobes, and sprinkle reindeer food on our rooftop on Christmas Eve. Scout believes anything can happen.
And yet she's not flighty. She's the deepest 12-year-old I know, and she has great concern for others. The book I'm currently reading, Your God is Too Safe, says that wonder and true faith go hand in hand, and I think Scout's got that down.
I am so thankful for her!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At November 3, 2008 at 5:15 PM , Blogger BusyMommy said...

Plus she tackles everything she does with persistance and enthusiasm and is incredibly sensitive to how others are feeling.

 
At November 3, 2008 at 6:18 PM , Blogger chelleybutton said...

Aww... sounds like I need to hang out in MN more often. ;) That's so true that wonder and true faith (and depth) go hand in hand, although I think the world might have us believe differently. Have I mentioned I like this activity? :) (oh, and thanks for quoting me! I feel so special!:)

 
At November 3, 2008 at 10:41 PM , Blogger melilotnfosco said...

i'm thankful for that girl, too :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home