Things for Which I Am Thankful, Part 1
Photo is blogging each day about something for which she is thankful, and I'm going to do that, too. Every November I put up a posterboard turkey, and every day we each add a feather that says something we're thankful for. We've done this since Scout was about 3, and said either "hot dogs" or "blankies" every day. Since you can't see our turkey, you can read what my feathers say (and why) here.
Today, I am thankful for my husband. Every year he gets the November 1 spot, and this year I think that's even more important to me.We went through a rough patch a year ago, a few very rocky months. I remember our friend Dave (Dave and Kanga were incredible friends through all of this!) asking me at one point "Do you want to be married to him?" "Yeah," I replied - although I have to admit the "yeah" was automatic, the expected response. Of course we'd stay married. It was what God wants, after all. And there are the girls. And our families...
But Dave's question made me think beyond my automatic answer. And I realized that I could undeniably say "yes!" Of course I want to be married to Enrique. He's my best friend. He may not be perfect (he'd drive me crazy if he was), but I'm not, either. And despite all that, he is such a wonderful man. He's so incredibly smart - about everything - he's strong, sensitive, and is truly seeking after God, especially in the past year. And more than anything in those months, I missed laughing with him. I love just being with him, knowing he's there.
I am thankful for Enrique, and thankful for what God has done in our marriage. We wouldn't be where we are today had we not each looked to God during those days.
Labels: awesome God, Enrique, marriage, things for which i am thankful
4 Comments:
i'm thankful for him, too. and thaknful for all GOD has done for you two.
What a great testimony! :) God's so awesome how He gets us through such horrible things and only brings us closer to Him. That makes me thankful for Enrique too, and for God's work in your guys' relationship! :) So cool.
Crying now, but happy tears. Totally relate to that one...
Oh, hobsis, doesn't God do amazing things? Thanks for sharing - I can relate A LOT. Actually, even though our tough times were several years ago - times I wondered if I DID still want to be married! - we've just recently had another rough patch. I'm thankful for how God works on Mark, of course...but also thankful for how He works on me in this process.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home