Sunday, November 30, 2008

Important Story From a Long Time Ago That I Forgot to Tell You


One day, Mel and I (and the girls) road-tripped to Chicago to see a Twins game and meet Brendan Leonard. The drive there was LONG, because it poured the whole time. By the time we got to Chicago, we were all tired and cranky. Then, to make matters worse, I missed our exit and ended up on the other side of the city.

We turned around and headed back, even more tired and cranky. As we stopped at yet another toll booth, the worker said, "You can go right through - the person in front of you paid your toll."


It was such a happy thing, and it made me feel much better.

And so, dear Jesus-fish van people from Illinois, THANK YOU for paying our toll on that rainy day. You were a real blessing!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At December 1, 2008 at 9:47 AM , Blogger Mary @ Giving Up On Perfect said...

Oh, that's so cool!

 
At December 1, 2008 at 9:01 PM , Blogger hobbitsister said...

and the best part was, it was only a dollar, but it really lifted our spirits :)

 
At December 1, 2008 at 10:07 PM , Blogger melilotnfosco said...

it was such a blessing. i'm glad you remembered so you could post it. :)
hm...so again comes the JESUS fish thought.

 
At December 2, 2008 at 9:16 AM , Blogger chelleybutton said...

haha, mel :)

That is really cool, Hobsis! A week or so ago, one of the radio stations here had "Make A Difference Day" where people were supposed to pay for the person behind them in the drive-thru lane, and give a card they printed out to the cashier with the radio station's info, etc., for the cashier to give to that person. Some people called in to the radio station to say how blessed they were by it, and I thought about doing it at the toll booth sometime without the card (except we don't have them around here, of course, and I always just worry about having enough for my Own toll when I go to Chicago;) -- I think I saw it on Oprah once. Anyway, very cool! :) Little things can make a big difference! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home