Here's my disclaimer: If any of these pictures are copyrighted, please let me know and I'll remove them immediately.
Labels: grammar police
posted by hobbitsister @ 3:31 PM 6 Comments
Because if we were proper folk, we'd pronounce that word with a silent "h," making the word begin with a vowel sound.I don't know about you, but I'm not proper folk.
And because it flows better when you say it out loud. (I guess)
Really? I think a historic flows nicer, but you're the speech teacher so maybe thats just me.
:P
i think 'a' is easier, too.only hoity-toity people who want to be french say 'an historic.'
also people who want to bother us (esp broller)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home
View my complete profile
Subscribe toPosts [Atom]
6 Comments:
Because if we were proper folk, we'd pronounce that word with a silent "h," making the word begin with a vowel sound.
I don't know about you, but I'm not proper folk.
And because it flows better when you say it out loud. (I guess)
Really? I think a historic flows nicer, but you're the speech teacher so maybe thats just me.
:P
i think 'a' is easier, too.
only hoity-toity people who want to be french say 'an historic.'
also people who want to bother us (esp broller)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home