Saturday, November 29, 2008

Editorial Comment About the Great Day I Had Yesterday

Watching the news, it's easy to get cynical. I see the Walmart stampede and the Toys R Us shootout, and think "This is what Christmas has come to - it's all about greedy, selfish, rude me-first attitudes."
However, yesterday I stood in a warehouse full of gifts given by strangers to strangers, people who want to give some of what they've been blessed with in order to touch the lives of children who have so little. I worked side by side with teenagers who were excited to give up their day to serve others. And you know, while there are some who completely miss the point of this holiday season, there are plenty who get it. There are still people who love simply because Christ first loved us. And that is something worth celebrating.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At November 29, 2008 at 8:40 PM , Blogger chelleybutton said...

mel, that's exactly what i was gonna say! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home