Thursday, October 16, 2008

You Can Have All This World...

A friend told me today that she had been asked to serve in a certain ministry at her church. She wasn't sure she was qualified for that particular slot. "All I have to offer is Jesus," she said.
Now, I'm not saying necessarily that that's where God wants her to be, but it was a beautiful, genuine response, and it seems to me that's the reason she was asked. I wouldn't want any position filled by somebody who thought they could offer more than that.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At October 17, 2008 at 3:40 PM , Blogger melilotnfosco said...

:)

 
At October 17, 2008 at 8:38 PM , Blogger chelleybutton said...

I can't say I would think of it that way. But I wish I would! (good for your friend!:)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home