Our Sitcom Story
About 8 years ago, when the Wells Fargo bank moved into town, I started entertaining my daughters with the "Wells Fargo Wagon" song every time we drove past the bank. While I'm sure they secretly enjoyed it, they would respond outwardly with groans and pleas for me to stop. I, of course, didn't stop. One can't just stop in the middle of a song. There has to be closure. So I'd continue until the song (or at least the chorus) was done. Then we took the girls to see the play "The Music Man". They had no idea the "Wells Fargo" song was part of the show, and Enrique and I thoroughly enjoyed the looks on their faces when the song began. We all erupted into giggles. And so the "Wells Fargo Wagon" became a running gag in our family.
A few years later, we took the girls to Disney World. Our first day there, we had reservations for breakfast at Cinderella's castle. We were supposed to be there before the park opened, but the bus was late, and we ended up entering just minutes before they opened the gates. As we were heading down Main Street, hoping they'd hold our reservation, we heard everybody counting down to the park opening. "Run!" called the girls. And so we started running. As we ran, we heard the music playing over the Magic Kingdom loudspeakers. The song? Yep. "The Wells Fargo Wagon"
Labels: it doesn't take much to entertain me, my life is a sitcom
7 Comments:
Ha! I sing that song to myself every time I see that bank when I'm visiting Chelley and Triple in DSM. (I don't think we have WF here.)
i so love that picture :)
esp cuz it has the extra bonus of you running
haha :) i wish i could've seen you guys (at the play & at the park... actually, it'd be fun to see you sing in the car and the girls groan at you too;)
you should start your own sitcom, based on your life ;)
oh, & i don't think i knew that, photo -- must be b/c you sing it to yourself ;)
I've always liked that story, but now that song will be stuck in my head all night long!
and mel is right, anytime i run (which is extremely rare) it makes a great story
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home