Movie Review: Facing the Giants

Okay, so this may not be in the running for best movie ever, but I'd say it's worth seeing. The story is inspiring, it has some good Gospel truths, and it's really refreshing to see a well-done movie that doesn't have all the garbage that most movies these days have.
On the down side, it's predictable, which leads me to my mini-spoiler (which isn't really a spoiler because of the preditability factor. But if you don't want to know, STOP READING NOW!)
The one issue I have with this movie is the same one I have with most Christian movies, as well as Christian novels. Here's this guy, down on his luck. He turns to God and bam! everything starts going his way. I do believe God blesses the faithful, however, His blessings are not always immediately visible. Turning to Christ does not give us the Midas touch. Christians have problems. Sometimes God doesn't take those problems away - He gives us strength to face them.
Despite that issue, I'd still say see the movie. If nothing else than to tell Hollywood that this is the kind of movie we want.
Labels: Movie Reviews
3 Comments:
it is annoying when they do that. this is one of those movies that i've been meaning to see sometime. hopefully sometime i will.
same here -- and i've heard a couple of people highly recommend it
It's been highly recommended to me, too, but I still haven't seen it. Thank you for the review!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home