Friday, September 12, 2008

Hello, I'm Regina Filangi


Remember Phoebe Buffay's alias? Or Art Vandelay, AKA George Costanza? How about the Mad About You episode where Paul and Jamie assumed different identities while on vacation? I was just wondering if any of you have alter egos whose name you could use at the drop of a hat. Over the years, I've adopted three. I have my writing pseudonym (no, not Hobbitsister), my soccer mom name, and my exotic soap opera identity. I can slip into any one of them, depending on the situation.

How about you? Can you quickly introduce yourself as someone else?

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

At September 12, 2008 at 12:05 PM , Blogger chelleybutton said...

nope, can't say i can -- people call me other nicknames, but i'm partial to real one ;) (and i don't think i'm good at acting;)

 
At September 12, 2008 at 12:06 PM , Blogger chelleybutton said...

i wanna hear your names now though ;)

 
At September 12, 2008 at 1:13 PM , Blogger Mary @ Giving Up On Perfect said...

That's funny, because I have a related post scheduled for later today.

Anyway, I don't have alter egos or pseudonyms. I sometimes think I have split personalities because I act differently and even sometimes talk differently in different situations. Plus, I'm way different in my head than I am, um, outside my head.

Yes, I'm crazy.

 
At September 12, 2008 at 3:30 PM , Blogger chelleybutton said...

I am too -- and, photo, I just love how you said "scheduled for later today" -- you are such an organizational nerd! (I'm a bit envious though -- I'm so scattered!;)

 
At September 12, 2008 at 6:44 PM , Blogger hobbitsister said...

i guess maybe i'm just weird

 
At September 12, 2008 at 7:54 PM , Blogger Mary @ Giving Up On Perfect said...

Well, hobsis, if it makes you feel any better (not that I think you're weird at all), I have theme songs in my head. When I have to get through certain things, I hear certain songs in my head. If I ever get around to working out, for example, I hear "Gonna Fly Now" from Rocky. I don't turn into Rocky. But I hear his song.

 
At September 12, 2008 at 9:21 PM , Blogger Mary @ Giving Up On Perfect said...

Chelley, work's been ridiculously slow lately, so I've had lots of time to store up some posts. :)

 
At September 14, 2008 at 12:41 PM , Blogger melilotnfosco said...

i do like how you worded that, photo. and i'm different in my head than outside it. :)

i have other identities, too. last night at olive garden i tried to get chelley to say a different name, but she didn't :(

 
At September 14, 2008 at 2:22 PM , Blogger hobbitsister said...

oh, chelley - have some fun :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home