Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Campaigns

In 1816, President Monroe was asked to run for a second term. He agreed, but only on the condition that he would not campaign. He would let his record speak for himself. After all, he argued, he had a job to do in Washington.
With this in mind, I commend Senator McCain for (finally) putting his duties as Senator ahead of his campaigning. The people of Arizona elected him to do a job. Last I checked, he was still Senator. His work there is not yet finished. I hope Senator Obama can see things this way, too.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At September 25, 2008 at 4:09 PM , Blogger melilotnfosco said...

broller and i were talking about this and saying that we want jobs where we can take two years off to travel around telling people how great we are

 
At September 25, 2008 at 5:16 PM , Blogger hobbitsister said...

and people give you money to do it (while, at the same time, you're collecting money from your actual job that you're neglecting)

 
At September 25, 2008 at 10:55 PM , Blogger BusyMommy said...

I agree with you. Mostly because I live in AZ.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home