Monday, September 29, 2008

...And a Jamocha Shake

We have a mix & match sale at the grocery store this week, and we employees are begging the managers NOT to do it ever again. Is it seriously that hard to figure out? I don't know how many people came up to me this morning and asked, "So does this mean I can have 3 bags of chocolate chips, 2 bottles of Gatorade, and 5 Soft Soaps? Or 7 cans of soup, 1 bag of chips, and 2 Soft Soaps? Or..."

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At September 29, 2008 at 2:43 PM , Blogger melilotnfosco said...

let me guess - everything that's included in this sale is listed in the ad

 
At September 29, 2008 at 4:47 PM , Blogger hobbitsister said...

oh my goodness, how did you know?

 
At September 29, 2008 at 7:36 PM , Blogger Kimberly said...

But people don't actually READ the ads!

You don't have these all the time? Our grocery store does different combinations every week and you get airmiles by buying the right amount from the offered sale items.

Next time, you'll have to offer classes or have extra "explainer" staff on! :)

 
At September 30, 2008 at 4:59 PM , Blogger hobbitsister said...

i wouldn't have thought mix & match was such a novel (or complicated) idea. it seems pretty straightforward to me. but what do i know?

 
At September 30, 2008 at 5:16 PM , Blogger chelleybutton said...

I'm just not gonna say anything because I've never participated in a mix & match, I don't think...

 
At October 3, 2008 at 9:48 PM , Blogger BusyMommy said...

We had that when I worked at JCPenney's. So annoying. Almost as annoying as the people who would buy two things at the "buy one get one for a penny" sale and then try to return the second item for full refund. Sigh.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home