Sunday, August 31, 2008

The Sweaty Phone Story

I almost forgot about this, so I decided to post it here lest it get buried in Mel's blog.

A few years ago, I was working at the customer service counter at the grocery store. A man came and asked if he could use the phone. And so, being one of those rare kind and reasonable customer service people, I let him. A few minutes later, the man - who was sweating profusely - handed the receiver back to me. It was extremely wet and completely nasty. Then I, as discreetly as I could, raced to find disinfectant.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At September 1, 2008 at 1:07 PM , Blogger melilotnfosco said...

eew! that's so gross!

 
At September 1, 2008 at 1:38 PM , Blogger hobbitsister said...

i know!

 
At September 1, 2008 at 6:02 PM , Blogger chelleybutton said...

yeah, it is -- but why would it get lost in mel's blog?

 
At September 1, 2008 at 8:21 PM , Blogger hobbitsister said...

because her post is about to leave the page

 
At September 5, 2008 at 12:41 PM , Blogger Mary @ Giving Up On Perfect said...

Yuck. That is very gross. Lucky for that guy that you were a nice customer service person!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home