Tuesday, August 05, 2008

My Scariest Morning Ever

I was emptying the wastebaskets outside our building, and I found a drowned critter (mouse? chipmunk?) in one of them!
As you probably know, I have EXTREME rodentphobia. Good thing for my neighbors, though, I'm not a screamer. Instead, I shook horribly and tried desperately to breathe. I managed to put that trash bag into two others and bravely managed to carry it to the dumpster (which is inside, so now I'm terrified that the drowned critter wasn't really dead and will come and find me).
Then I went and woke Enrique, because I didn't think I should suffer alone. And being the great husband that he is, he tried to get me to think of things like Erma's orthodontist appointment.
I still get shaky when I think about it.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At August 5, 2008 at 6:10 PM , Blogger chelleybutton said...

YIKES! I'd be shaking too! But I'm sure it will not come after you & that it really was drowned. (good job being so brave & putting it in trash bags to move it!:)

 
At August 9, 2008 at 2:45 PM , Blogger melilotnfosco said...

you were shaking all day thinking of erma's ortho appt?

 
At August 10, 2008 at 9:44 AM , Blogger Mary @ Giving Up On Perfect said...

Oh my! That is scary!! The day we brought Photobaby home, we had a raccoon move into our attic - THAT was BAD.

 
At August 10, 2008 at 6:33 PM , Blogger melilotnfosco said...

eek! and with a new baby no less!

 
At August 10, 2008 at 6:35 PM , Blogger Kimberly said...

Hello?
Did the rodent come back to life and get you? Did the orthodontist? They can be very sneaky- before you know it, they've gobbled up thousands of dollars!
Please be okay!!!!
:)

 
At August 10, 2008 at 8:01 PM , Blogger hobbitsister said...

no, i wasn't shaky because of the ortho (although i have to go talk with the ortho and that's scary). you're so funny, mel.
so far there's been no sign of the rodent coming back to life. our maintenance guy tried convincing me that even if it was alive, it couldn't crawl out of the dumpster.
i wouldn't be so sure. rodents are pretty sneaky.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home