Honesty
A few weeks ago, I blogged about listening to God's voice, and how scary it is to tell God I'm willing to follow His leading. And I wondered why trusting in a faithful, loving, all-knowing God should be a frightening thing.
So I've done some soul-searching, and I've discovered why I'm reluctant. It's not that I'm afraid of God, or of what He has in store for me. It's that I'm afraid of myself - of my failures, my shortcomings, my fears. I don't want to say "Here I am..." and then miss His voice, or chicken out, or fall flat on my face. If I tell Him I'm willing to be used by Him, I don't want to say no later.
I need to remember that God's grace is sufficient. So what if my faults are many. In my weakness, He is strong.
Labels: grace, walking by faith, where He leads...
3 Comments:
i hear you :)
very good point
well, at least that's the problem and not the other way around. God is in the habit of changing people and it's easier all around when you want to be changed and believe He is who He says He is.
Too often my problem is the other way.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home