Thursday, July 24, 2008

Air Conditioners

For the most part, I could do without them. Yes, they're nice on a 90+ degree day. And our windows all face the afternoon sun, so unless we close everything up, even 80+ can get quite warm by about 3:00.
Usually, however, I don't like them. Stores and restaurants (and especially movie theaters) always have it much too cold. And at home, well, we have windows closed from October to April because it's freezing. I wait all year to be able to enjoy fresh air and feel the breeze. Why would I want to keep everything closed, crank the air, and put on a sweatshirt?

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At July 24, 2008 at 6:00 PM , Blogger chelleybutton said...

hmm... i agree & disagree... i am thankful for air conditioners, but it is annoying when they make it TOO cold. however, i hate it when it's not cool enough & feels really humid (sometimes happens in movie theaters, i've found)... i guess i should just spend more time outside :)

 
At July 24, 2008 at 8:20 PM , Blogger BusyMommy said...

Here we have air conditioning 90% of the time, but I will admit that sometimes its nice to walk outside into the 100+ degree weather because some places keep it so cold!

 
At July 25, 2008 at 9:28 AM , Blogger Mary @ Giving Up On Perfect said...

Well, as a sweater (perspiring person, not the shirt) and someone with pretty bad allergies, I'm a big fan of AC.

But you're right - restaurants and stores that are TOO cold are annoying - they only do it to keep us moving through faster. BOO.

(I will note, though, that when we were in Wisconsin last week, we ate dinner at a Mexican restaurant whose AC was broken. It was 90 degrees outside - and inside. But strangely enough, I kind of got used to it. I think it might have helped that it's not as humid there as it is here.)

 
At July 25, 2008 at 2:08 PM , Blogger hobbitsister said...

busy? is that you?

 
At July 26, 2008 at 4:09 PM , Blogger melilotnfosco said...

photo - and at least it was a mexican restaurant. then it was kind of ambiancey.

i'm a fan of ac. if i can have the windows open, i prefer that, but way too often we can't. and i have to have ac at night in the summer. otherwise, well, there's that whole stripping in my sleep thing that i do.

 
At July 26, 2008 at 6:01 PM , Blogger chelleybutton said...

TMI, mel! ;)

 
At July 27, 2008 at 8:44 PM , Blogger melilotnfosco said...

but you already knew, so i wasn't too worried :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home