Movie Review: Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

I love Indiana Jones and was excited to hear he was coming back. So, did he live up to my expectations? For the most part, yes. Indy is older (could he really be older than my father? No way!) but he still has his charm, wit, and sense of adventure. Most of the movie had me thinking I was glad he'd returned.
That being said, there was one part of the movie that (I'm trying not to spoil) was cheesy and rather un-Indiana Jones-y. I don't get how that part made it into this movie. For this reason, I'd say if you haven't yet seen any Indiana Jones movies (shame on you!), don't see this film first. It could quite possibly ruin the series for you. Start with the best, Raiders of the Lost Ark. If you've seen the others, go ahead and see this, too. You can then probably almost overlook the cheesy part.
Oh, and I'm a Shia LeBeauf fan, too, and would love to see him inherit the fedora.
Labels: I grew up in the '80s, Movie Reviews, people should listen to me
12 Comments:
i've seen the others but mostly i only remember snakes & bugs & hearts being removed from people... so i'm reluctant to see this one...
i know, i know. shame on me. but with whom would i watch them?
great way to hang with the guys. say "hey, does anyone want to watch 'raiders' with me?"
yeah, cuz i have guys to ask
but you do! i've met some of them!
i don't know them well enough to suggest it, plus also, i don't really want to hang out with them at my house with my parents around
but a lady needs to be properly chaperoned
that's why you invite other ladies
then do that
here am i! invite me! ;)
(plus i kinda wanna see it b/c my mom keeps smirking like she knows something about it that she won't tell me & it's driving me crazy!)
(but don't let her know that;)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home