Monday, May 05, 2008

Thank You, Miley

As I was not present at your photo shoot, I won't pass judgment regarding who was to blame for 'the picture'. But I would like to thank you for the opportunity you have given me to talk with my kids. Your situation opened a window for me to talk with them about how easy it is for one momentary lapse in judgment to seriously damage one's reputation. We were able to talk about how one goof can alter how others think about you - even if their thoughts are way off base. We discussed how one "that's not what I meant!" moment can mar one's testimony.

I am sorry you had to learn this the hard way, and I hope you let this be a life lesson. But thank you for letting my girls learn something from your stumble.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At May 5, 2008 at 4:46 PM , Blogger BusyMommy said...

Good for you. Poor kid.

 
At May 5, 2008 at 9:46 PM , Blogger melilotnfosco said...

that is a good way to look at it

 
At May 5, 2008 at 10:03 PM , Blogger chelleybutton said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At May 6, 2008 at 10:41 AM , Blogger hobbitsister said...

for the record - my girls rolled their eyes when i talked with them about it.
but at least we talked about it.

 
At May 6, 2008 at 9:14 PM , Blogger Kimberly said...

Mary: "loss of virtue in a female is irretrievable." Apparently Miley needed Mr. Collins to come by and lecture her about Fordyce's Sermons ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home