8 Simple Rules... (revised)
A guy friend of Erma's asked a girl out on a date. Her father made him fill out an application. Among the questions: In 30 words or less, explain the terms "late" and "no".
Also included: If you were to have every bone in your body broken, which bone would you like to be last?
And "If you have access to a van, run NOW!"
Labels: parenthood
14 Comments:
oh my!
How did his daughter react to that?
Too funny! Before I could date I had to write an essay for my mother on dating. It was a lot harder than I thought. Chris and I have agreed that the boys will be writing us an essay before they start dating. I love it when dads "step-up" like that!
i don't know what the daughter thought, but the boy thought it was pretty funny (and yet i'm sure he got the point, too - he's a good kid)
enrique loved the idea and thinks we should come up with a questionaire, too.
it's good to know dads are watching out for their girls.
i love it!
that's hilarious! I love the extra questions!
However, if my Dad had ever asked that first question to a guy, I would have been so mortified and hated my parents even more! It sounds like the dad and daughter have a very good relationship.
I like that... think I'll share it with Chris (not me, another one... confusing- ask Busy). He has daughters and a sense of humor. Kinda like that country song, I'll still be hear cleanin' this gun. On the serious side, boys do need to know that dads are watching out for their girls, because sadly too many of these boy's 'dads' don't care enough to teach them to be respectful. (gives HS back her soapbox) sorry :)
Random question... and I almost hesitate to ask, is this a former member of Busy and my 2 year old class?
pappy loves it :)
chris - no, he didn't start going to that church until later
Wow, I would have no clue how to answer some of those! (like the last bone to be broken?!?) I'm glad I'm not a boy trying to date these girls! Sheesh!
van comment would make dad a child of the 70's I'm guessing, since a mini-van backseat ain't exactly comfortable.
Unless it has fold and go seating, I guess...
no the Q was if you were to be beaten what would be the last bone you would want broken in your body but close enough
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home