Cleaning ADD
Chelleybutton's youtube blog made me think of my cleaning disorder. I didn't want to hijack her blog, so I'm putting it here.
I have Cleaning ADD, which - along with sloth - explains why my home is such a mess. When I start to clean, this is what happens:
I start picking things up in the living room. I find a pop can that needs to go to the kitchen.
In the kitchen, I notice that the dishes need to be done, so I fill the sink with water. I get a clean dishcloth and bring the dirty one to the laundry room.
In the laundry room, I decide to throw a load in the washer. I go to Erma's room to see if she has any dirty clothes on her floor (of course she does).
I remember that her lizard needs to be fed, so I go to the kitchen to get his food.
I see the dishes in the sink, wash a few, and remember that Enrique left a glass in the bedroom.
I go to get the glass, then see that the bed needs to be made. I start to make the bed, then see Scout's sweatshirt on the chair.
I bring the sweatshirt to Scout's room, sigh at all the Polly Pockets on the floor, and start picking them up...
and at the end of the day, I wonder why I never got around to cleaning the living room.
Labels: cleaning ADD
4 Comments:
:) -- it seems like cleaning might say a lot about us, huh? i do some of this too, but sloth is a bigger problem ;)
i think for me, sloth is the bigger problem, but cleaning add is the excuse ;)
if you give a mouse a cookie...
i thought of that as i was writing the post
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home