Sunday, February 17, 2008

When Did This Happen?

I picked Erma and her friend Antoine up from the mall today, and brought Antoine home. There I saw her brother (Scout's age), looking like a teenager, bringing in the groceries. Meanwhile, Scout and a friend were at the movies all by themselves (1st time), and I thought, when did this happen? Just yesterday, Erma and Antoine were in the backseat, singing the fire engine song that they learned in preschool. And I was thinking about how preschool was such a big step. Scout and Antoine's brother were toddling along as we'd pick up their big sisters from school...
And all of a sudden it's ten years later, and I don't know where those little kids went.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At February 17, 2008 at 2:53 PM , Blogger Kimberly said...

No no no! Don't tell me! My babies will be babies forever!
Katie started with imaginative play and running in the past few weeks and now she really seems like a toddler.

 
At February 17, 2008 at 6:03 PM , Blogger melilotnfosco said...

wow - antoine's brother bringing in groceries. that does sound old.

 
At February 19, 2008 at 9:06 AM , Blogger hobbitsister said...

he was looking very, very teenagery

 
At February 19, 2008 at 9:07 AM , Blogger hobbitsister said...

oh, and when i told erma and antoine that it would be nice of them to each grab some groceries as they walked past the car, they each walked past the car.

 
At February 19, 2008 at 9:07 AM , Blogger hobbitsister said...

kim, these are the longest days and shortest years of your life. make the most of every second.

 
At February 19, 2008 at 3:15 PM , Blogger melilotnfosco said...

aww...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home