With All Due Respect, Give Me a Break!
A Katrina victim has sued the U.S. government for $3 quadrillion.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22571349/?GT1=10755
I'm sorry for your suffering, but there is no way you suffered $3 quadrillion worth of damages. Not only that, but come on. You live in New Orleans, you risk hurricanes. I live in Minnesota, I risk blizzards and tornadoes. They are an act of God, not the federal government.
Yes, the situation could and should have been handled better. But no one had foreseen a hurricane that devastating. Yes, the levee broke, but nobody had intentionally said "Let's flood the town."
Again, I am sorry. So many suffered great losses. I don't want to minimize your pain. But instead of filing ridiculous lawsuits (and yes, regardless of the validity of your case, the monetary amount makes the suit ridiculous), why don't you do what people have been doing for millenia when life has dealt them horrible, unfair blows. Pick yourself up and start over.
Labels: stupid people, things that annoy me
9 Comments:
you tell 'em
and really, it's true. it's not that we don't care. i'm sure this has been horrible for every person involved. but for heaven's sake.
i agree -- and wow -- a quadrillion?? is that the most anyone has ever sued for?
sorry -- 3 quadrillion ;)
i'm guessing it's pretty safe to say nobody's ever sued for that much before, but i don't know for sure.
It sounds like a couple of 3 year olds... yeah- well I have a billion-zillon dollars. No I have a giggle-google-mega-dazillion!! I mean really... the nationl debt is about 9.2 trillion- so why not sue for 400 times the national debt? I wonder... did a real lawyer actually file this? If so... was he drinking?1? Sorry- I just really hate frivolous lawsuits as much as I dislike whiners who want everything handed to them... this is my perfect storm of utter dislike. Even if this person is entitled to anything I think they should get nothing based on utter stupidity. wow- guess I should give back Hobbitsis's soapbox, huh?
ooh - i like your 'they should get nothing based on utter stupidity' thing :)
ditto - and what's with the lawyer handling the case? he should be disbarred on the grounds of stupidity.
Silly silly people! Who even thinks like that!?!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home