Saturday, January 05, 2008

Taking the Bible Literally

I've always said I take the Bible literally. God actually did create the world in 7 days. He parted the Red Sea. Lazarus was raised from the dead.
Now I'm reading The Year of Living Biblically, and my friend AJ Jacobs says that most of those who claim to take the Bible literally (meaning me) don't follow it literally (meaning me again). "I believe all the stories, but the laws - they don't apply to me."
Hmm...I think this book is going to give me a lot to think about.

Labels:

9 Comments:

At January 7, 2008 at 12:15 PM , Blogger chelleybutton said...

:)

 
At January 7, 2008 at 4:22 PM , Blogger melilotnfosco said...

i do want to read it

 
At January 7, 2008 at 10:41 PM , Blogger hobbitsister said...

i'm trying really hard not to give spoilers, didder

 
At January 7, 2008 at 10:54 PM , Blogger chelleybutton said...

and you're doing a great job, as far as I can tell :)

 
At January 8, 2008 at 4:15 PM , Blogger melilotnfosco said...

she just keeps calling me and telling me 'i won't say anymore after this, but i really like when he says...'

 
At January 9, 2008 at 3:26 PM , Blogger hobbitsister said...

i'm sorry, mel. i'll stop. you have no idea how many times i Haven't called to say 'i won't say anymore after this, but i really like when he says...'
can't you get the book from your library?

 
At January 9, 2008 at 8:59 PM , Blogger melilotnfosco said...

i'm not sure. if i can it will be who knows how long til i get it.

 
At January 10, 2008 at 11:46 AM , Blogger melilotnfosco said...

i'm 187

 
At January 10, 2008 at 2:53 PM , Blogger chelleybutton said...

wow, that sounds more popular than HP... but maybe that's partly b/c people bought HP -- still!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home