Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Another Thing About Prayer

Praying Scripture is an incredible thing. Quoting God's promises back to Him makes me feel like my words have something powerful behind them. It's one thing to say "Please help so-and-so," but it's so much more reassuring to say, "I know that with You, nothing is impossible, so please help so-and-so." Or to say "I confess this, because I know that You are faithful and just to forgive my sins."

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At January 23, 2008 at 10:16 PM , Blogger melilotnfosco said...

i like praying psalm 119 (though not necessarily all at once ;) )

 
At January 23, 2008 at 10:24 PM , Blogger hobbitsister said...

that could take awhile

 
At January 24, 2008 at 10:02 PM , Blogger BusyMommy said...

I agree with you. Prayer should be personal.

 
At January 29, 2008 at 6:23 PM , Blogger chelleybutton said...

i agree -- but it's even better to have it memorized i think -- praying scriptures while reading them is hard for me, but praying them from memory is easy (well, the ones i have memorized, that is;) & powerful :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home