Sunday, December 02, 2007

Thank You

We have how many hundred thousand words in the English language. There needs to be a word or phrase that's bigger than 'thank you'. I remember a woman on Extreme Makeover: Home Edition who said, "What means more than 'thank you'?" because the phrase just wasn't enough, and I agree. It's like 'love' - we love God and we love pizza. I say thank you to the waitress who brings me another glass of Pepsi - how do I say the same to the friend who prayed for me when I really, really needed it? It doesn't seem adequate.

Labels: , , ,

14 Comments:

At December 2, 2007 at 2:27 PM , Blogger chelleybutton said...

you should invent new words/phrases then :)

 
At December 2, 2007 at 2:52 PM , Blogger melilotnfosco said...

ohmigosh, stop! i was gonna blog on overused words today!

 
At December 2, 2007 at 3:01 PM , Blogger chelleybutton said...

you guys and your shared brain ;)

 
At December 2, 2007 at 5:26 PM , Blogger Kimberly said...

we just watched a Nooma video about that this week.
Interesting video- didn't go where I as thinking it should (as in relationship with God) and wasn't kid friendly- Come on pastors!!!

And...
I can't announce this on our blog yet because I'm not sure all family has heard yet but...
I'm getting a sister!!!!! (in law) Yay!!!!

 
At December 2, 2007 at 6:15 PM , Blogger hobbitsister said...

it's not so much that it's overused, because i really do appreciate waitresses and such. but it's just not quite fitting in both situations. sometimes you need something bigger.

 
At December 2, 2007 at 6:16 PM , Blogger hobbitsister said...

kim - we saw the nooma "lump" video today - it's really good, but "rain" is still my favorite. i haven't seen the one you're talking about.
and...
yay!!!!!!!

 
At December 2, 2007 at 6:18 PM , Blogger hobbitsister said...

our pastor was talking about david and bathsheba today (in the context of unconfessed sin), and, while he kept it fairly clean, i still think he said a bit more than he should have, especially since all the kids stay for the entire service on the 1st sunday of the month.

 
At December 2, 2007 at 6:53 PM , Blogger melilotnfosco said...

yay for a sister-in-law!

 
At December 2, 2007 at 8:41 PM , Blogger chelleybutton said...

yeah, yay! (is the guy she's marrying the one who makes #5 or #6 in your house?:)

 
At December 3, 2007 at 11:51 AM , Blogger Kimberly said...

Yup, it's Tim (#6) that's getting married and I'm finally getting a real sister to add to all of my adopted ones!

I'm not sure which Nooma this one was, but I do like Rain. That's the only other one we've seen. This one was probably called Love or Fire.

 
At December 3, 2007 at 7:11 PM , Blogger chelleybutton said...

i don't know what nooma is, but i have a feeling you guys have discussed it before and i've said that before ;)

 
At December 4, 2007 at 8:42 AM , Blogger hobbitsister said...

nooma is a series of Christian videos. i don't know where the name came from. each one is about 10 minutes long. the ones i've seen have a guy telling a story about his kids and relating it to our relationship with God. they're really, really good.

 
At December 4, 2007 at 10:09 AM , Blogger Kimberly said...

Yeah, the other one we saw (rain) was REALLY good (except the way he talks bugs me.) It's just frustrating when you expect a really good clean video and you watch it with a bunch of kids and then you learn you needed to screen it first. So we're going to put a masking tape warning on the video case so that other groups in our church will know what they're in for!

 
At December 6, 2007 at 9:30 PM , Blogger chelleybutton said...

good idea, kim :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home